Bind Skin Colours

For everything 2k4 related please post here
Nightmare
Tech Wiki

Bind Skin Colours

Postby Nightmare » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:32 pm

//What am i on about
When using the colour skin overlay in TAM, sometimes some colours work better then others in certain maps. Sometimes a bright white is too bright and a pink is better, sometimes a light blue is better then the pink etc. these binds will simply make it a fast way of changing colour overlays without having to go and move all the sliders in the menu.

//Understanding the command
The command to change colours is below

Setskins R G B R G B R G B

R = Red, G = Green, B = Blue

The the first 3 colours, are the other team, and second 3 colours, are your team. The last 3 colours are for the other team when they have spawn protection on. If you dont use force brightskins to teammates and enemies then the first 3 colours are red team, 2nd 3 are blue team.

each colour is a number between 0 and 100, 0 means no colour, 100 means full. so like a slider bar 0 is full left, 100 is full right. so if you want Red overlay, R=100 G=0 B=0 etc.

so for Red/Blue overlays with white spawn protection the command is
Setskins 100 0 0 0 0 100 100 100 100

for Green/Yellow overlays with white spawn protection the command is
Setskins 0 100 0 100 100 0 100 100 100

My colour skins are
Cyan/Black with white spawn protection
Setskins 0 100 100 0 0 0 100 100 100
or
Pink/Black with white spawn protection
Setskins 100 0 100 0 0 0 100 100 100

//Creating the binds
so to create a bind for these is easy. will use the two i have.

If setting up in game, open the console and type these 2 lines
Set input P Setskins 100 0 100 0 0 0
Set input O Setskins 0 100 100 0 0 0

or if you like to edit the text files when game is off. Inside your user.ini file it would look like this (user.ini found in system folder of ut2004 directory.)
P=Setskins 100 0 100 0 0 0
O=Setskins 0 100 100 0 0 0

so now when playing, press P to get Pink/Black and O to get Cyan/Black

replace P and O for whichever key you want, i use pageup and pagedown. you could also set up an alias so 1 keypress does both and switches between the two but that's another mini tutorial :P

hope that's helpful, any issues, questions, let me know.
~Night

NOTE - This is a NEW TAM setting setup, these commands only work with the TAM with custom name colours. i wrote this tutorial originally for the old tam and tamextra. you can find that tutorial here http://www.tcpclan.net/phpforum/viewtopic.php?t=3835. it is very similar, the new tam add's the spawn protection overlay on the end is all, but if you use a bind from the linked thread, they will not work in the new tam.

UTcomp
If anyone plays on servers with utcomp, its possible to do the same thing with that, its a diff bind though. For utcomp servers i think the command is SetFriendSkinColor and SetEnemySkinColor. so SetEnemySkinColor 100 0 0 sets the enemy skisn to red i believe.
"When I was your age we rocket jumped our way to school uphill, both ways... IN BOILING LAVA"

Return to “UT2004”