Like-A Custom Startup Logo

For everything 2k4 related please post here
Nightmare
Tech Wiki

Like-A Custom Startup Logo

Postby Nightmare » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:05 pm

//Whats This?
This is a simple image, it will replace the start up logo of UT2004 when you load the game, this is a custom Like-A clan one.
Yes i admit.. im not good at image editing, im sure dami can do much better if he wants to improve upon it. well now he knows how too if he wishes :P

//To Install
Step 1 - Navigate to your UT2004 Help folder

Commonn locations are..
C:\UT2004\Help
C:\steamapps\common\unreal tournament 2004\Help

Step 2 - copy the file UT2004Logo from this downloads "Like-A startup" folder, and paste it into that folder.
This will overwrite the file in there.

Load UT and watch the custom image for 0.3 seconds before the game loads :) :P

//To uninstall
Step 1 - Same as above, navigate to help folder.
Step 2 - copy the file UT2004Logo from this downloads "Original Startup" folder, and paste it into that folder.
This will overwrite the file in there. all done, back to normal ut start up

//Files
Image attached to show it in use..
Files attached for download in zip format if wanted

I know its not an amazing thing, but it gives the game a more personal touch.. I can make it so you get a full new custom like-a menu system in game, but you will get banned from any server with antitcc on :)

Any questions, issues etc, just ask.
~Night
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"When I was your age we rocket jumped our way to school uphill, both ways... IN BOILING LAVA"
Eazy
I got an excuse

Re: Like-A Custom Startup Logo

Postby Eazy » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:57 pm

Tried to make one for you, but It was total crap and I gave up :P I did make one some years ago, and if I remember correctly, there can not be any transparent layer in the image or it wont work. At least it didn't work in Linux.
Nightmare
Tech Wiki

Re: Like-A Custom Startup Logo

Postby Nightmare » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:47 am

yeah, I do not think transparent is possible. has to be saved in a certain format with a certain colour depth. Also i believe it has to be certain size (I think.. seem to recall problems), If not then UT will just crash on start up (or fail to load, i forget which now..)
"When I was your age we rocket jumped our way to school uphill, both ways... IN BOILING LAVA"

Return to “UT2004”