Toxikk - Possible escape from UT...?

Non Ut2004 Related Games Post here.
If you require a specific Game category added please PM The admin,Thankyou.
Nightmare
Tech Wiki

Toxikk - Possible escape from UT...?

Postby Nightmare » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:26 pm

Longest Yard

GrendelKeep

Campgrounds

Ok... so its not much of an escape, i appear to be cursed to play those 3 damn maps wherever i go :tired: rankin was there too but my fingers wouldn't let me select it :facepalm:
"When I was your age we rocket jumped our way to school uphill, both ways... IN BOILING LAVA"
Tw33kA
Teh Boss

Re: Toxikk - Possible escape from UT...?

Postby Tw33kA » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:37 am

Toxxik is an awesome game.If ut4 had the movement mechanic ,Id be playing it all the time.Im just not overly keen on the weapons tbh,some seem under powered while the rest seem over,so not fully balanced.I do like the shotgun tho!.the maps are piss easy to do on unreal 3 engine and that dekk map,just WOW :omg:

I think all members should give it a go though,would be a good alternative some nights
grin2
Dont ever mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance, or my kindness for weakness.
Nightmare
Tech Wiki

Postby Nightmare » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:37 pm

I was the same when i first started playing it, but once you get used to it, the weapons work very well, the game has a much nicer flow then ut2k4, for the first time I actually enjoy playing DM and TDM ^^ there are 2 weapon types that it does lack, a shield jump equivalent and something to rival the shock combo, not sure what could rival it but it lacks that special kind of shot. Some of the things that bugged me at the start, like the invisible mode bind i actually find very fitting now, it adds a little helper when you spawn and also something extra to play mind-games with on your opponent. But the weapons in that game are really used in the exact same way as ut2k4 (apart from the combo and shield :P), some of the fire mode's are on different weapons is all. flak, rocket, lg, minigun, shock prim are all in there. Even bio is in there, the flame thrower is used in almost the same way when done properly. The only weapon that's not in there is link shaft... which i miss :D

there is also a fully working tam mod ^^ it takes everything from 2k4 and puts it in toxikk lol, but tbh i don't think it will work as well, the flow of the game is a bit different but you never know ^^. not seen anyone play it online yet.
"When I was your age we rocket jumped our way to school uphill, both ways... IN BOILING LAVA"
SobeK``
I got an excuse

Postby SobeK`` » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:11 am

I got Toxikk cd at home and played few times and stop because it was not that much people online to play with..
Knaebleinzart
I got an excuse

Postby Knaebleinzart » Sat May 27, 2017 8:35 pm

Would like to ttake a look on it sometime. But to be honest I never started UT with the expectation to get much variety in maps. If I got bored by maps I would rather suggest to start with some different game genre. I will never get over the feeling UT 2k4 gives me, no matter the fact there are only three maps played regulary, because I am trying to get better on this maps. I would be bored if I reached a point where I would be unbeatable :). But this will not happen. There is perfection in gameplay on this beautiful earth and it's called UT 2k4, why should I search for more. Sorry for bad english and maybe a bit offtopic - but the fact that you might fall in love with a different Game Nigthmare, makes me sad: so let me convince you UT 2k4 is best :)

Return to “General Gaming”