Page 3 of 3

Re: UT2004 - 3SPN vLikeA

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:26 pm
by Eazy
Did you clear the cache?

Re: UT2004 - 3SPN vLikeA

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:14 am
by Nightmare
FraY wrote:I hate to be the one with the negative post, but could this be why I run into some problems? I can't view the cup demos anymore, it says I'm missing 3SPNvLikeA. No problem, I would quickly join/spec a server and it would download it for me. Still strange since I played on there before, but whatever, no biggie.

Problem is tho, I can't access the servers except Nr.1. That one has almost no load time and I get thrown in directly. Multimode is N/A right now, not sure what happens there.
But what happens with the others is, it says receiving 3SPNvLikeA, and goes to 100% in a normal speed(I guess). But then it starts over again, still saying the same thing, and the % move up in steps of 0.1, and each step takes more than a second. So I figure ok, I'll leave my pc and do something else. When I come back almost an hour later, it's at almost 300% and continues to go up.

Could this have something to do with the changes maybe? I tried it with both my older 32bit and the new 64bit version of the game. I tried deleting the 3SPNvLikeA files out of my system folder, basically thinking maybe redownloading it entirely would do the trick, but nothing. I also deleted anything in User.ini and UT2004.ini that is related to 3SPNvLikeA, server cache etc etc.
I still can't view demos because its missing 3SPNvLikeA and I can't join the servers except Nr1 :(

Also btw, I see one of Damis screenshots, but it's zoomed in like crazy, it's an orange pixel mess^^ Not the biggest problem, no pun intended :) but thought I'd mention it.



yeah... thats half the problem, i forgot about the demorecs, the demorec loads files from your computer, if you dont have the files, then the demo wont play. as i updated the tam mod then the demo files wont work anymore... gimmie a few days and i will fix it... just stick to server 1 for now.. server 3 broke down today which is why it wasn't working, had to be completely reinstalled.. so yeah, gimmie a few days and i will get it sorted

clear your cache as eazy said (or just delete the 3SPNvLikeA.u line from cache and system folder) and you will download the latest file and be able to play on server 1.

Re: UT2004 - 3SPN vLikeA

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:12 am
by Dami
FraY wrote:Very very good job both Nightmare and Dami! :)

Also btw, I see one of Damis screenshots, but it's zoomed in like crazy, it's an orange pixel mess^^ Not the biggest problem, no pun intended :) but thought I'd mention it.


Which screenshot do you mean?

Re: UT2004 - 3SPN vLikeA

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:51 pm
by FraY
@Nightmare

No worries, take your time. I have cleared cache already, basically deleted everything related to 3SPN and/or LikeA

@Dami

Oops I meant load screens, not screenshots :facepalm:

Re: UT2004 - 3SPN vLikeA

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:07 pm
by Nightmare
yeah i believe he meant them, is it every loading screen or just a random one? i've not had that issue yet...

Re: UT2004 - 3SPN vLikeA

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:39 pm
by FraY
Nightmare wrote:yeah i believe he meant them, is it every loading screen or just a random one? i've not had that issue yet...


I'd have to check again when I have time.

Btw I may have found the solution to the demos not working, in case they still don't with the update. I realized that after the first demos were available I downloaded them and transfered them onto my other pc, and joined a server quickly to get the files needed. I haven't joined again with that pc since then so I must still have the old files. I'll have a look this evening or tomorrow.
Just in case anybody needs them :)

Re: UT2004 - 3SPN vLikeA

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:12 pm
by Nightmare
i have the 3spnvlikea file needed, i am going to rename the next release to something else, then post the old one, so no mismatch errors, should be no problems then, just got to tweak a few things in the mod first

Re: UT2004 - 3SPN vLikeA

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:00 pm
by FraY
Nightmare wrote:i have the 3spnvlikea file needed, i am going to rename the next release to something else, then post the old one, so no mismatch errors, should be no problems then, just got to tweak a few things in the mod first


Ah nice. So if I understood correctly, essentially we then would have the option to, in a sense, have 2 mutators installed for this purpose?

Re: UT2004 - 3SPN vLikeA

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:14 pm
by Nightmare
if you do not have the 3spnvlikea file in system folder, but in the cache, then yes you can have 2+ files with same name but are different, so if you just download the files from the server and left them in cache when you will have no problem watching the demorecs (unless you clear cache or install somewhere else). so demorec's will work fine. when i release the new tam "patch" it will be under a new name, so you can have both files in system folder, old and new, the old one will allow you to play the demorec files and the new one allow you to join the server..

Re: UT2004 - 3SPN vLikeA

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:58 pm
by FraY
Nightmare wrote:if you do not have the 3spnvlikea file in system folder, but in the cache, then yes you can have 2+ files with same name but are different, so if you just download the files from the server and left them in cache when you will have no problem watching the demorecs (unless you clear cache or install somewhere else). so demorec's will work fine. when i release the new tam "patch" it will be under a new name, so you can have both files in system folder, old and new, the old one will allow you to play the demorec files and the new one allow you to join the server..



Ah nice like I thought, thanks man :)